Monday 17 November 2008

Beaten, Battered and...

Kidney stoned. I had my third kidney stone this week. Really not so fun. But, I am grateful for hospitals, emergency rooms and modern medicine. I think I might have died without them (of pain that is...). I've also decided that I can't eat nearly as many nuts as I'd like to any more, and apparently I need to cut back on the spinach. Who would have thought? Oh and not so much chocolate either, darn. I'd be completely fine going at least another two years without having that experience again...

2 comments:

Lace said...

Oh no! Your poor kidneys! I had no idea! I am so sorry. Let me know if there is anything I can do for you. Spinich and Nuts did this to you? I used to love them, but how could they? Don't get rid of the chocolate though. Keep it a casual relationship. I know I can't live without it, and no one should.

Kelly said...

hey girlie - found your blog through facebook. did you know that i had kidney stones a few years ago? yeah, and i did the no chocolate-spinach-nuts-and-pretty-much-anything-tasty diet as well. all that did was put me on all carbs - no good. :) your experience might be different than mine, but i stopped not eating stuff and just really concentrated on making sure that i never got dehydrated again. oh, and i drink a lot of diet coke and lime (the acidity breaks down any nasty lurking stones). take care - and congrats, by the by!!!! we'll talk soon!