Monday 12 May 2008

High Tea

Wow, I think I am finally caught up on all my blogging. I can't believe how little time I had those first few weeks. I'm sure it's not going to get a lot better, but at least I feel like I have a little time in the evenings after dinner now...at least on Mondays after FHE. I am having so much fun here in London I can't even describe it. It's everything I hoped it would be for sure and I am meeting some amazing people and seeing some amazing things.

This week we go to Scotland! We're leaving on Wednesday morning at 4:15 in the a.m...I guess we'll see how that goes...and we're traveling to Edinburgh and then to York, which is actually in England. We'll be home again on Saturday night. I'm so excited to see Scotland and northern England. I guess I'll have a lot to add next week when I get home.

I realized that the one thing I haven't said much of anything about is my classes...which are really the main reason that I'm here :). I'm loving them. English is awesome, my professor is absolutely hilarious and so entertaining. Today we went over T.S. Eliot's poem, The Wasteland (which is about London) for about four hours...and I loved every minute. My history class is awesome too and is totally hands on, get out and see stuff. I love it. They are going great.

Today in between class time (he gives us like an hour break) a group of us walked over to Kensington Orangery for high tea. It was so fun. The Orangery is beautiful, actually all of Kensington gardens is beautiful...and the cakes and scones and drinks were really good. Way too expensive...but really good. I think it's just one of those things that you have to do while you're here. Especially because we live so close. Me and my bunkmate, Kylie, chillin' at the Orangery. The whole group of us outside the Orangery. It's a cool building and there are some pretty neat pathways and fountains right out in front of it.

1 comment:

Aubs said...

Whitlie-I love reading about all the fun & interesting things you are doing. What an amazing thing to be able to go & do. I love all the pictures. Kenz saw them with me & said about the buildings, "wow! those are cool!"
Have a great week!